Students & Alumni
Conflict resolution students and alumni conduct research and get jobs in conflict in border regions, court mediation, cross-cultural conflict, democracy and peace building, and dispute resolution.
Beacon2Beacon (B2B) is a team of Conflict Resolution students and faculty offering mediation services to members of the UMass Boston community who are experiencing conflict and seeking resolution. more info.
- Saadia Ahmad earned a $5,000 Peace Education Prize from the El Hibri Foundation based on her strong work in interfaith dialogue and understanding. “Saadia represents the best of the McCormack Graduate School—passionate about shaping solutions to real-world issues and problems.” Read more about Saadia's award.
Our alumni work in fields as diverse as business, government, education, health care, and international humanitarian work.
- Director of Mediation at international organizations including the World Bank, the Inter-American Development Bank and the United Nations Read more about this alumni career
- Director of Multi-Door Dispute Resolution Division of the Superior Court, Washington DC
- Director of the Restorative Justice Programming at the Center for Women in Transition
- Conflict Resolution Coordinator for the Department of Conflict Resolution and Student Conduct Services at Colorado State University
- Mediator/Trainer for the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination (MAD)
- Ombudsman at organizations including Boston University, National Institutes of Health and the American Red Cross.
- Co-founder of Clean Tech Hub and Energy Innovation Center in Nigeria Read more about this alumni career
- Founder and Senior Practitioner for the Sports Conflict Institute. Read more about this alumni career
- Chairman and COO of online dispute provider Modria Inc.
- Associate VP of Human Resources at Smith College
- Centurion Alum Ben Slomoff - Graduate of Conflict Resolution Master's Program started a twilight career at 83, works as a court mediator and acts as a neutral arbitrator on disputes in the field of financial securities.Read more about Ben For the past 17 years, Slomoff has generously funded the Annual Sylvia and Benjamin Slomoff Lectureship in Conflict Resolution.
- Program Manager at Mediation Works Inc (MWI)
- Manager of Mediation Services at the World Bank Group. Read More about this alumni career
Check out this video series featuring some of our Conflict Resolution alumni as they talk about what they gained from our program, what they are doing now and their career path.
Bridging cross-cultural divides, specializing in human interaction, working with communities that are divided, and facilitating conversations in fields such as municipalities, non profit organizations, businesses, education, health care and humanitarian work (just to name a few)
“I use the things I learned here every single day” -John Sarrouf
“learn how to facilitate conversations, how to get organizations to work, how to get them to reflect on themselves;” -Matt Thompson
“Find What You are Passionate About”
“...if you are interested in conflict, you're interested in people, find out what it is you want to do with people and focus your energies there….”