Careers & Skills
Graduates will be prepared for teaching and research positions in universities and colleges, as well as professional positions in state and local government, public and private research firms, and nonprofit agencies.
Our PhD students will:
- Acquire and integrate knowledge of conceptual frameworks/theories, methods, and empirical findings across the range of social and behavioral science disciplines supporting gerontology and aging policy;
- Develop the capacity to formulate and execute methodologically rigorous procedures for expanding knowledge and understanding of gerontology and aging policy;
- Gain practical experience as researchers and policy analysts in gerontology and aging policy;
- Cultivate the written, oral, and listening skills needed to communicate effectively with key stakeholders within the gerontology and aging policy communities;
- Assume leadership roles as researchers, educators, planners, and policy makers in gerontology and aging policy.