Our nationally and internationally recognized scholars conduct interdisciplinary and values-driven research demonstrating our deep commitment to making a difference in our communities.
Our faculty members and fellows ...
- approach each discipline with academic rigor and objectivity.
- have special expertise as practitioners of public policy.
- address policy issues of all kinds, generally focusing on issues of an urban society.
- understand that social and economic inequities are inherent in our system and work to develop the tools to evaluate and address those inequities.
- see diversity—in age, race, gender, ethnicity, and nationality—as central to our makeup, to great learning, and to our region's economic future.
UMass Boston alumna and former EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy (center) talks clean energy with Dean David W. Cash and Emily Reichert, CEO of Greentown Labs, at the McCormack Graduate School.
photo credit: Maedot Kassa, Mass Media Staff